When I was younger, I worked at a local sandwich shop and one of my favorite things to make were grilled cheese sandwiches. I loved experimenting with different cheeses and other ingredients to make the best combo possible. That’s when I discovered my love for Gouda! I developed this recipe using A Dutch Masterpiece Rembrandt Extra Aged Gouda and I love it. Try it for yourself!
- ¼ cup shredded Rembrandt Extra Aged Gouda
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- 3 slices crisp bacon
- 3 slices tomato
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Sprinkle of parmesan
- Lay the two slices of bread on cutting board and carefully spread shredded cheeses on both sides.
- Place 3 slices of tomato on one side and 3 slices of bacon on the other and sprinkle a little more cheese on top of each slice.
- Heat up the pan/griddle to medium and sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- Close the sandwich and place on top of the melting parmesan cheese.
- Cover with large lid and wait 3 minutes.
- Remove sandwich and sprinkle more parmesan on pan. Flip sandwich and place on top of parmesan. Cover and leave for 3 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!
Leave a Reply